英語六級口語場景訓練
C:What's wrong?
M:Did you offer John in the Technology Department a ride to the lunch today?
C:(恍然大悟) 哎喲,我忘得一干二凈了。
M:He waited a long time for you today!
C:啊呀,害他等我半天。Oh dear, what should I do?
M:Find him immediately and apologize!
C:你說什么?Apologize?
M:Apologize, A-P-O-L-O-G-I-Z-E, 就是道歉!
C:我可不能對他說我忘了,總得找個理由吧!
M:不要找出種種理由來解釋。 It's always best to be truthful and sincere when you apologize。
C:也是。要道歉嘛還是老老實實,找借口讓人聽起來不誠懇。好,我這就去找John。
C:行了,沒事了。
M:你跟他道歉了?
C:不,John已經走了,我給他寫個email就行了。
M:寫email不太好。Email is too impersonal when you need to ask forgiveness。你要道歉最好還是當面說好,更正式一些。
C:那,我給John的手機打個電話,好嗎?這樣不是又快,又能直接講話嘛!
M:That's a good idea。
(Making cell phone call)
C:Mary, John沒接電話,所以我給他留了言,說今天忘了帶他去午餐會,我感到很抱歉。這下總算結束了這件事。I'm glad that's over。
M: Over? No way! 留個言就算完啦?不行, 你得做得更慎重一些。
C:哎,我去找他,他不在。我打手機,他不接。我留了言,道了歉。這還不行呀?
M:你最好今天在他桌上留個條。親自寫個條表示道歉會讓他感到你很有誠意。要更地道的話,你還可以給他留個小禮物。A small gift as a sign of your sincerity。
C:我哪知道他喜歡什么呀?
M:他喜歡看籃球。
C:OK, I have an idea! 我去買兩張籃球比賽的票。我跟他一起去.....當然,要是他不再生我氣的話。
M:Great! So remember: when you make mistakes, the best thing is to apologize immediately. When a verbal apology is not enough, write a note and give a small gift.
C: 知道了,知道了。我這就去買票。謝謝Mary.
M:You're welcome!
英語六級口語場景訓練:大眾傳媒
Todd: OK, Kerri, I'm going to ask you about the news. Do you follow the news everyday?
好,克里,我來問你些關于新聞的事。你每天都聽新聞嗎?
Kerri: Sometimes.
有時聽。
Todd: How do you follow the news?
你都用什么聽新聞?
Kerri: Well, in Japan mostly the radio or the internet.
恩,在日本大部分都是用收音機或者是上網。
Todd: Oh, really. OK. What radio station?
哦是嘛。好的,那聽什么電臺呢?
Kerri: NPR, but on the military station.
NPR,但收聽軍事臺。
Todd: OK. And what internet websites do you listen to?
好的。那你收聽什么網站呢?
Kerri: Well, usually it is just AP news or whatever.
恩,通常是美聯社消息或者是隨意的一些。
Todd: OK. How much of the news do you think is true?
好的。你認為有多少消息是準確的呢?
Kerri: I don't know. That's a tough question. I think that because there're so many journalists that often what makes into the papers is fairly accurate, but unfortunately some people leak information that is untrue to sway public opinion, so you have to kind of weed through things and consider why that news story is made public.
我不知道。那是個很棘手的問題。我認為那是因為有很多記者經常把文章寫得很準確,但不幸的是有些人會泄露細些不正確的信息來動搖公眾輿論,所以你必須要過濾那些事情然后想想這些新聞故事為什么會是公開的。
Todd: Yeah. How do most people in your country get the news?
對。你們城市中的大部分人是通過什么途徑聽說這些新聞的?
Kerri: I think most people in the states get the news from TV and from the main broadcasting stations. The evening news sort of thing.
我想大部分人都是從電視或者從一些主要的廣播站收聽的新聞。晚間新聞一類的東西。
Todd: OK. Thanks Keri.
好的。謝謝你,克里。